Welcome to the daily devotional!

This blog began with the goal of posting daily for a year. Now, only 50 days to go, and it has been a sweet and special time of fellowship with the Lord. Each day, I look for His presence in my life, to see what He wants me to write. Thanks to those of you who have shared this walk with me. I hope that as He strengthens my walk with Him that He accomplishes the same in your lives.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Tuesday, June 8: His plans, not mine!

Today could be a pivotal day in my life, as I have a job interview this morning. Having worked as a tennis teaching professional for the last 20 years has been wonderful, yet I recently have felt the residual effect on my knees. That cushioning for our bodies is the equivalent of tires on a car. Yet the difference is that when tires wear out, we go get a new set. When knees wear out, we deal with the new limits and the pain. God doesn’t have limits. There are many different paths He could choose to carry me through, and any of those choices would be sufficient with Him in charge!


Strengthen the weak hands,
And make firm the feeble knees.
Isaiah 35:3


What in my past would I change if I could? All of us have that gift of 20-20 hindsight; yet looking ahead offers us a different perspective. We will be faced with daily choices, some of which could be life-altering and others could be life-ending. Yet there is only one decision that will make all the others pale in comparison:


I have decided to follow Jesus!


Once that decision has been made, we can fail in the other decisions and the results are not so stressful. Jesus has promised to take those errors we make and turn them around for our benefit according to Romans 8:28. The changes that He makes in our lives will at the same time glorify Him! Those who have known me for the last 20 years would readily testify that I am not the same person I used to be. I couldn’t have changed that drastically, if I had been left to my own decisions and plans. Instead, God took my destructive choices and gave me life! That points strongly to His power, His grace, His mercy and His love.


4Say to those who are fearful-hearted,
“Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance,
With the recompense of God;
He will come and save you.”
5Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.
For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert.
Isaiah 35:4-6


The verses above from Isaiah point specifically to the miracles that Jesus would perform when He came from heaven to earth. Jesus healed the blind, the deaf, the lame and the dumb. But don’t lose sight of the miracles that He has done in each of our lives! Thanks to the hand of the Lord on my life, He has given me eyes to see His ways, ears to hear His voice, a walk to follow Him and a tongue to sing! Why isn’t it a tongue to speak? Because I don’t have many meaningful things to say with my own words, but for all He has done in my life, I need to be singing praises to Him! My prayer remains that though my knees may wobble, yet may my walk with Him be solid!


So on this pivotal day, I trust in His hand!


The key of the house of David
I will lay on his shoulder;
So he shall open, and no one shall shut;
And he shall shut, and no one shall open.
Isaiah 22:22

No comments:

Post a Comment