Welcome to the daily devotional!

This blog began with the goal of posting daily for a year. Now, only 50 days to go, and it has been a sweet and special time of fellowship with the Lord. Each day, I look for His presence in my life, to see what He wants me to write. Thanks to those of you who have shared this walk with me. I hope that as He strengthens my walk with Him that He accomplishes the same in your lives.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunday, April 18: The whole is the sum of the parts; the hole is from some of the parts!


I heard a comment the other day that really had my mind swimming. We know that as believers, the Holy Spirit dwells inside of us, but there are other verses that also say that the Father and Son are in there, as well. That shouldn’t surprise us as there is one God, though He is in three persons. The comment that boggled my mind was that all of God lives inside of each of us, not a small part of Him taking up residence in each believer. That makes complete sense, but to grasp that the God who created all, the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God, is completely inside of me! It reminded me of one of my favorite worship songs by Chris Tomlin called “Enough:”


“All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough


“You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
Still more awesome than I know


All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough


You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
Still more awesome than I know
You’re the coming King
My everything
Still more awesome than I know


More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me.”

In the same sense that the Lord doesn’t desire to give us only a part of Himself, neither does He desire for us to give Him only a part of ourselves! He wants all of us! If we have given Him the alcohol, or drugs, or sexual immorality, He also desires the lying and the pride.


22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other.
 Matthew 6:22-24


We can’t partially serve God and partially serve Satan. He wants our allegiance and loyalty. God wants to make us clean vessels. In Psalm 22, an Old Testament depiction of Jesus on the cross, it says, “My strength is dried up like a potsherd.” A potsherd is a shard of broken pottery, cast aside into the dirt. Job scraped his boils with a potsherd. When we were walking in the world without the Lord, we were potsherds. I certainly felt less than whole, unwanted and cast aside by the world. Yet the Master Potter put us back together and filled us with His Living Water! There are no more holes, once you are His. You are whole. Wholeness is holiness. Is there something you have been holding back, a secret part of your life you have not been willing to give the Lord? He desires for you to hand it to Him, and when you do, the blessing will be yours!


2 comments:

  1. The God of the Bible is infinite. If you divide infinity by 10 you still have infinity. If you divide infinty by 5 billion you still have infinity. Therefore if God is infinite, then any part of the infinite God indwelling us necessitates that all of Him is indwelling us. We just don't know exactly how He can do that but it is VERY COOL! At least I don't know how He can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another way to think of the Trinity is mathematically. Instead of the addition of 1 + 1 + 1 = 3, think of the multiplication of 1 X 1 X 1 = 1! We have the infinite God inside of each of us! That is the mystery revealed spoken of in the New Testament!

    ReplyDelete