Welcome to the daily devotional!

This blog began with the goal of posting daily for a year. Now, only 50 days to go, and it has been a sweet and special time of fellowship with the Lord. Each day, I look for His presence in my life, to see what He wants me to write. Thanks to those of you who have shared this walk with me. I hope that as He strengthens my walk with Him that He accomplishes the same in your lives.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thursday, April 8: Creation or Creator?


Walking around Yosemite, there are two factions of people: there are those who are amazed at what the Creator has given us and there are those who are more enamored with the creation itself. New agers worship the earth, or the non-existent, mother goddess of the earth, both heresies. This is not a new twist in the development of mankind, as throughout time, polytheists have worshipped the sun god, the moon god, the wind god, etc. Those same people thought they had to please the multitude of gods to have their crops grow. What they were missing is that the only God is a jealous God who is pleased only by their decision to worship Him alone!



Though we cannot see God, we can see Him in his creation. If you see an amazing building, you don’t have to meet the architect to know much about him, and in the same facet, we can see that God is the greatest mathematician, artist and architect. We can see His mercy, His sense of humor and His grandeur. Paul told us about this, too:


18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Romans 1:18-23


Jesus told us some additional information about seeing the Father:


7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. 12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
John 14:7-12


So as I hike the snowy trails of Yosemite, I am praising God for His hand as Creator. He made each of us with that same artistry!


13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
Psalm 139:13-14


Today, I keep singing the song written by Kathryn Scott: “I’m falling on my knees, offering all of me. Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for!”

No comments:

Post a Comment