Welcome to the daily devotional!

This blog began with the goal of posting daily for a year. Now, only 50 days to go, and it has been a sweet and special time of fellowship with the Lord. Each day, I look for His presence in my life, to see what He wants me to write. Thanks to those of you who have shared this walk with me. I hope that as He strengthens my walk with Him that He accomplishes the same in your lives.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wednesday, April 28: What are the keys for, to open or close?


God has been stretching me lately, letting me know how much, or how little, I trust Him and rely on Him. Sadly, I wasn’t trusting Him the way I need to. I wish I could say that this was the only time I learned this lesson, but there have been many of those wake-up calls in my walk with the Lord! Look at the Jews in the wilderness, who somehow forgot the miracles of God after Moses went up the mountain to meet with God, and created a golden calf to worship in His place. God continuously reminds us of who He is and how much He loves us. Though I have been asking for a specific answer to prayer, today I finally gave in to God and accepted that whatever He gives is better than anything I can ask for. It was yet another example from our Lord on the gift of prayer, as we know that prayer changes our hearts, rather than changing God! Why would perfection need to change? The only thing perfection could become if it changed would be imperfection and that is impossible for God!


We know who holds the key to each of our lives:


22 The key of the house of David
I will lay on his shoulder;
So he shall open, and no one shall shut;
And he shall shut, and no one shall open.
23 I will fasten him as a peg in a secure place,
And he will become a glorious throne to his father’s house.
Isaiah 22:22-23


This is the benefit of a walk with the Lord. A walk is a slow progression forward. There’s time to talk and reflect. Reflection is a look back on the past, and each time I do that, I remember all the gifts God has given and all the miracles He has performed in my life. He is incapable of giving bad gifts to those He loves.


6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
 1 Peter 5:6-7


Jesus has the keys to every door. He can open the doors or lock them, and keep them closed. I am so thankful that He opened the door of my heart and came into my life. Lord, thank you for answering my prayer and changing my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment