Welcome to the daily devotional!

This blog began with the goal of posting daily for a year. Now, only 50 days to go, and it has been a sweet and special time of fellowship with the Lord. Each day, I look for His presence in my life, to see what He wants me to write. Thanks to those of you who have shared this walk with me. I hope that as He strengthens my walk with Him that He accomplishes the same in your lives.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thursday, April 15: Faith and overcoming obstacles

Happy Tax Day to all of you who have to pay Uncle Sam, and render unto Sam what is Sam’s. I filed my taxes, but still have more to pay! I wish the economy would turn around and more people would sign up for tennis lessons, but it would be better if the Lord’s will is done, rather than mine. I have a tendency of looking at the lives of others and what seems to be relative ease with yearning, while losing sight of the gifts God has given me. As Christians, we are not to look at others and covet what they have. God has given to each one what He has chosen to give them. These gifts are not earned, nor are they luck. They are part of God’s destiny in our lives. The Bible tells us that God has given each of us a measure of faith.


3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
Romans 12:3-8


What would you rather have as a gift from God, the faith that leads to eternal salvation or the finances to make your walk through this life easier? Though I am enduring a difficult time financially, I know that God only will put me in situations that He has given me the faith to conquer. If those situations are difficult, I can choose to approach those situations from two different perspectives:


• Either I can look with a “poor me” attitude, crying, complaining and knowing that the road is going to be hard.


OR


• I can praise the Lord for giving me a large amount of faith, enough to endure the very difficult tasks in front of me.


33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33


What is more important, having the financial ability to do whatever you want or having the exact amount that God wants you to have? In my experience, God wants to stretch me to trust in Him rather than in myself! Some may trust in horses (wealth); some may trust in chariots (power), but we will trust in the name of our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment